Forecast of Using Renewable Energies in the Water and Wastewater Industry of Iran
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The authors shall retain the copyright of their work but allow the Publisher to publish, copy, distribute, and convey the work.
New Energy Exploitation and Application (NEEA) publishes accepted manuscripts under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0). Authors who submit their papers for publication by New Energy Exploitation and Application (NEEA) agree to have the CC BY 4.0 license applied to their work, and that anyone is allowed to reuse the article or part of it free of charge for any purpose, including commercial use. As long as the author and original source is properly cited, anyone may copy, redistribute, reuse and transform the content.
Keywords:Prediction model Renewable energy Greenhouse gases Electricity consumption Carbon tax
- Panwar, N., Kaushik, S., Kothari, S., 2011. Role of renewable energy sources in environmental protection: A review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 15(3), 1513-1524.
- Lahimer, A., Alghoul, M., Yousif, F., et al., 2013. Research and development aspects on decentralized electrification options for rural household. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 24, 314-324.
- Zahedi, R., Ahmadi, A., Eskandarpanah, R., et al.,2022. Evaluation of Resources and Potential Measurement of Wind Energy to Determine the Spatial
- Priorities for the Construction of Wind-Driven Power Plants in Damghan City. International Journal of Sustainable Energy and Environmental Research. 11(1), 1-22.
- Arévalo, P., Cano, A., Jurado, F., 2022. Mitigation of carbon footprint with 100% renewable energy system by 2050: The case of Galapagos islands. Energy. pp.
- Hossain, M.U., Ng, S.T., 2019. Influence of waste materials on buildings’ life cycle environmental impacts: Adopting resource recovery principle. Resources, Conservation and Recycling. 142, 10-23.
- Daneshgar, S., Zahedi, R., Farahani, O., 2022. Evaluation of the concentration of suspended particles in underground subway stations in Tehran and its comparison with ambient concentrations. Environmental Science and Toxicology. 6(1), 019-025.
- Sadiqa, A., Gulagi, A., Breyer, C., 2018. Energy transition roadmap towards 100% renewable energy and role of storage technologies for Pakistan by 2050. Energy. 147, 518-533.
- Scarlat, N., Dallemand, J.F., Monforti-Ferrario, F., et al., 2015. Renewable energy policy framework and bioenergy contribution in the European Union–An overview from National Renewable Energy Action Plans and Progress Reports. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 51, 969-985.
- Lim, J.Y., Safder, U., How, B.S., et al., 2021. Nationwide sustainable renewable energy and Power-to-X deployment planning in South Korea assisted with forecasting model. Applied Energy. 283, 116302.
- Popp, A., Lotze-Campen, H., Bodirsky, B., 2010. Food consumption, diet shifts and associated nonCO2 greenhouse gases from agricultural production. Global Environmental Change. 20(3), 451-462.
- Homer-Dixon, T.F., 2010. Environment, scarcity, and violence. Princeton University Press.
- Zahedi, R., Ghorbani, M., Daneshgar, S., et al., 2022. Potential measurement of Iran’s western regional wind energy using GIS. Journal of Cleaner Production. 330, 129883.
- He, G., Liu, H., Wang, J., et al., 2021. Energy-water security challenge: Impact of energy production on water sustainable developments in Northwest China in 2017 and 2030. Science of the Total Environment.766, 144606.
- Al-Karaghouli, A., Kazmerski, L.L., 2013. Energy consumption and water production cost of conventional and renewable-energy-powered desalination processes. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 24, 343-356.
- Zhang, W., Luo, J., Ding, L., et al., 2015. A review on flux decline control strategies in pressure-driven membrane processes. Industrial & Engineering
- Chemistry Research. 54(11), 2843-2861.
- Narassimhan, E., Gallagher, K.S., Koester, S., et al., 2018. Carbon pricing in practice: A review of existing emissions trading systems. Climate Policy. 18(8),967-991.
- Lim, X., 2015. How to make the most of carbon dioxide. Nature News. 526(7575), 628.
- Radcliffe, J.C., 2019. History of water sensitive urban design/low impact development adoption in Australia and internationally. Approaches to Water Sensitive Urban Design: Elsevier. pp. 1-24.
- Eltawil, M.A., Zhengming, Z., Yuan, L., 2009. A review of renewable energy technologies integrated with desalination systems. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 13(9), 2245-2262.
- Mardani, A., Zavadskas, E.K., Khalifah, Z., et al., 2017. A review of multi-criteria decision-making applications to solve energy management problems: Two decades from 1995 to 2015. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 71, 216-256.
- Lin, S., 2019. Energy efficiency of desalination: fundamental insights from intuitive interpretation. Environmental Science & Technology. 54(1), 76-84.
- Raluy, R., Serra, L., Uche, J., 2005. Life cycle assessment of desalination technologies integrated with renewable energies. Desalination. 183(1-3), 81-93.
- Ghoneim, W., Helal, A., Wahab, M.A., 2016. Renewable energy resources and recovery opportunities in wastewater treatment plants. 2016 3rd International Conference on Renewable Energies for Developing Countries (REDEC), IEEE. pp. 1-8.
- Kettab, A., Bouanani, H., 2021. Urban wastewater treatment plants. Pharmaceutical Wastewater Treatment Technologies. pp. 239.
- Zahedi, R., Zahedi, A., Ahmadi, A., 2022. Strategic Study for Renewable Energy Policy, Optimizations
- and Sustainability in Iran. Sustainability. 14(4), 2418.
- Robati, M., Monavari, S., Majedi, H., 2015. Urban environment quality assessment by using composite index model. Environmental Progress & Sustainable Energy. 34(5), 1473-1480.
- Ehsan, G., 2012. Investigation of water supply systems in semiarid regions of Iran: A case study of western part of Tehran Province. International Journal of Environmental Sciences. 2(3), 1435-1448.
- Karimi, V., Karami, E., Keshavarz, M., 2018. Climate change and agriculture: Impacts and adaptive responses in Iran. Journal of Integrative Agriculture.
- (1), 1-15.
- Shahbazi, R., Kouravand, S., Hassan-Beygi, R., 2019. Analysis of wind turbine usage in greenhouses: wind resource assessment ,distributed generation of electricity and environmental protection. Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects. pp. 1-21.
- Ardalan, A., Rad, M.K., Hadi, M., 2019. Urban water issues in the megacity of Tehran. Urban drought: Springer. pp. 263-288.
- Ebadi, A.G., Toughani, M., Najafi, A., et al., 2020. A brief overview on current environmental issues in Iran. Central Asian Journal of Environmental Science
- and Technology Innovation. 1(1), 1-11.
- Palmer, P.B., O’Connell, D.G.,2009. Regression analysis for prediction: understanding the process. Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy Journal. 20(3), 23.
- He, Q., Zheng, H., Ma, X., et al., 2022. Artificial intelligence application in a renewable energy-driven desalination system: A critical review. Energy and
- AI. 7, 100123.
- De Grauwe, P., Vansteenkiste, I., 2007. Exchange rates and fundamentals: a non-linear relationship? International Journal of Finance & Economics. 12(1), 37-54.
- Daneshgar, S., Zahedi, R., 2022. Investigating the hydropower plants production and profitability using system dynamics approach. Journal of Energy Storage. 46, 103919.
- Chatterjee, S., Hadi, A.S., 2013. Regression analysis by example. John Wiley & Sons.