Duan, X., & Chen, C. (2022). The Construction and Exploration of Spatial Narrative under the Ken of Metaverse. Journal of Intelligent Communication, 2(1). https://doi.org/10.54963/jic.v2i1.44
The authors shall retain the copyright of their work but allow the Publisher to publish, copy, distribute, and convey the work.
Journal of Intelligent Communication (JIC) publishes accepted manuscripts under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0). Authors who submit their papers for publication by Journal of Intelligent Communication (JIC) agree to have the CC BY 4.0 license applied to their work, and that anyone is allowed to reuse the article or part of it free of charge for any purpose, including commercial use. As long as the author and original source is properly cited, anyone may copy, redistribute, reuse and transform the content.
With the continuous development and mutual construction of digital technology and the concept of the
metaverse, the expression paradigm formed in the evolution of the metaverse will be established in continuous
replacement. Based on current spatial construction process of metaverse, the characteristics and advantages of traditional
spatial narrative will provide theoretical basis and basic rules for the construction of the metaverse expression paradigm.
Simultaneously, the emergence of digital space will continually expand the concept of spatial narrative. This paper
argues that the “great time” theory in spatial narrative will have positive effects in the spatial construction of metaverse
and contribute to the expression of relevant rules of metaverse paradigm.
Keywords:Metaverse Spatial narrative Great time
- Zhou, K., 2022. The Production of Virtual Space and the Affordance of Digital Places: From Digital Games to Metaverse. Journal of Fujian Normal University (Philosophy and Social Sciences Edition). 2, 84-95, 171. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12046/j.issn.1000-5285. 2022.02.009
- Fang, L.Z., Shen, H.N., 2022. Conceptualizing Metaverse: A Perspective from Technology and Civilization. Review of Industrial Economics. 1, 5-19. DOI: https://doi.org/10.19313/j.cnki.cn10-1223/ f.20211206.001
- Li, M., 2022. Research on Service Mode and Technical Framework of Smart Library from the Perspective of Metaverse. Information studies: Theory & Application. 45(3), 89-93, 88. DOI: https://doi.org/10.16353/j.cnki.1000-7490. 2022.03.013
- André, B., 2017. What is Cinema? Translated by Cui, J.Y., 1st ed.; The Commercial Press.
- Tian, H.Q., 2022. An Analysis of Chinese Film Creation in 2021. Film Art. 2, 80-86.
- Feng, M., 1995. The Basic Meaning of the Concept of “Possible Worlds”. Journal of East China Normal University (Philosophy and Social Science). 6, 31- 37. DOI: https://doi.org/10.16382/j.cnki.1000-5579. 1995.06.006
- Yu, G.M., 2021. The Evolution Logic of Future Media: The Iteration, Reorganization and Sublimation of “Human Connection”——From the “Age of Context” to the “Metaverse” to the Future of the “Mental World”. Press Circles. 10, 54-60. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15897/j.cnki.cn51-1046/g2. 20210918.002
- Li, D.F., Geng, Y.Z.M., 2020. The Dialogue of Visual Perception behind the Fusion of “Film-Game” -- Descartes’ Pineal Body and Colossal Cave Adventure. Journal of Beijing Film Academy. 12, 31-40.
- Huang, X.R., Cao, X.P., 2022. The Technical Essence and Philosophical Significance of Metaverse. Journal of Xinjiang Normal University (Edition of Philosophy and Social Sciences). 3, 1-8. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14100/j.cnki.65-1039/g4. 20220114.001
- Xia, C., Tie, Z., Huang, W., 2022. Digital Memory & Metaverse: The Conceptual Model of Digital Memory about Metahuman and Its Application Scenarios. Library Tribune. 1-9.